I am very excited that you have decided to join us aboard Midnight Voyageur. Please note that you have signed up for a real expedition as a working crew member versus a paid charter. “Working crew member” means we are all in this together: cooking, cleaning, watch, etc. Also, we will share all expenses evenly: fuel, food, and marina fees.
There will not be much privacy or creature comforts, however with a little luck, you will leave with memories for a lifetime! What not to bring: Firearms, illegal substances, anything large, anything really expensive including your good jewelry, etc.
What to bring
Pack your belongings in one duffel bag only. Remember space is very limited; hard-sided roller-bags are very hard to stow.
A couple of plastic trash bags for dirty or wet clothing.
Items made of synthetic fabrics are better than natural. They do not absorb water and will dry faster.
- Sleeping Bag or Sheets and Blanket (pillow optional)
- Towel & Washcloth
- Foul Weather Gear
- Deck Shoes
- Sun Hat, Cap or Visor
- Warm Clothing – synthetic jacket or pullover and pants
- Polo or T-Shirts
Documents and other stuff
- Passport if applicable
- Airline Tickets if applicable
- Driver’s License
- Credit Cards
- Some Cash
- Reading Material
- Sun screen -use it! Nothing will ruin your trip faster than sunburn. Alcohol-based brands rather than cream-based are better; they dry faster and do not leave a sticky feeling on you or the boat. SPF 30 or Higher.
- If you wear glasses bring a strap
- Sunglasses and strap
- Motion medication if you need it – the patches and wristbands seem to work for most folks.